My precious friend, Ashley, asked me to help her paint something for their “gender reveal” party.
First of all, let’s have a moment of silence over the fact that Ashley’s PREGNANT waist is smaller than my normal waist after 3 kids. Bless it.
Second of all, when she asked I had no idea what a “gender reveal” was….I was picturing some bad “Maury Povich” episode. I had no idea.
It had to be explained it to me:
- Pregnant momma and expectant daddy go to the OB for her sonogram.
- But OB doesn’t tell the expecting parents the baby’s sex.
- Instead, OB writes down the baby’s sex in a sealed envelope.
- Parents take the sealed envelope to a party store/florist.
- Parents leave party store and go home to wonder why they are torturing themselves and delaying their own news to themselves!
- Party people make blue or pink balloons depending on baby’s sex. And in this case…..fill a box (that I painted for them) with the appropriate balloons.
- Momma and Daddy pick up sealed balloon box and have a “Gender Reveal” moment like this with an amazing photographer.
This post may contain affiliate links which I provide to make your project easier and it helps fund this blog!
And how stinkin’ adorable is that?
Of course, I was thrilled to help!
Ashley asked me to paint a huge chalkboard heart in the middle of the box. I love to use Heirloom Tradition’s Black Bean for all my black chalkboard projects.
I added sweet polka dots around it.
In other news, does no one take out the recycling bin in my house????
On a side note, I am thinking I will try to wear a sliggggggghtly more flattering outfit next time considering her reveal pictures have now gone viral on Pinterest (with no mention of me, Ashley OR the photographer. There is weeping and gnashing of teeth!!!) Several huge Pinterest accounts picked it up as well as “Bump” magazine which is super cool.
So, where were all these great ideas when I was last pregnant?????????
It almost makes me want to get pregnant again. And then I remember my Fred Flintstone feet the last time I was pregnant…..and my now 40 year old body….and how I expand to the size of a small Volkswagon by the time I deliver my big babies…..and I reconsider.
I will just watch all my younger friends keep popping out babies. And when I get to be part of fun things like gender reveal parties…. I’m thrilled!!
Congratulations Ashley and Kenneth!