Live Cooking: Mr. Magic’s Deep Dish Pizza
- 1 lb ground beef (the least fat the better)
- 1 lb country sausage (pick your favorite)
- 1 Chef Boyardee cheese pizza maker (use warm milk instead of water on the recipe)
- 2 8-oz packages of sliced Muenster cheese
- 1 TBSP vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 425
2. Brown the ground beef and sausage until fully cooked.
3. Drain the meat/sausage mixture. The more grease you can remove, the better your pizza will be.
4. Follow the directions on the Pizza Maker for the dough except use 1 1/3 cup warm milk I use a glass bowl for my dough.
5. Take a clean dish towel large enough to cover your bowl and get it wet and heat until it’s very warm … almost hot (I microwave mine starting with 3- sec intervals.) Once the dough is mixed thoroughly, coat it with 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil and cover it with the warm wet dish towel. This helps the dough rise.
6. Once the dough has risen, place it in an oiled/greased 9×13 casserole dish and press evenly to cover the bottom, sides and corners.
7. Use the first package of Muenster cheese slices to cover the bottom pressing firmly enough on the bottom to cause the corners and sides to come the side of the casserole dish.
8. Cover the cheese layer with the beef/sausage mix, keep the mix from going over the sides and corners of the dough(you might have to press it down or use your clean hands to make sure it all fits)
9. Shake well the pizza sauce container, open and pour evenly over the beef mixture, make sure you do not pour over the crust. You might have to the backside of a spoon or spatula to cover evenly.
10. Open the second package of Muenster cheese and place the slices evenly to cover the top.
11. Bake at 425 degrees until the cheese and crust is golden brown
12 .Remove from heat and let stand/cool for 10-15 before cutting
I can typically get 12 good sized pieces, but it’s your preference on how large or small you want your deep dish pizza cut.
Save this on Pinterest so you can make it later (and remember! LOL)